Marketing and Communications Manager
Sonic Guild is a 501c3 non-profit dedicated to building community that supports the creation and performance of new music by exceptional musicians. The Marketing and Communications Manager will play a crucial role in scaling the Seattle Sonic Guild Chapter to increase its size and impact in the Seattle market. Key areas of focus will include implementing strong marketing strategies to build audiences, maximize membership growth, minimizing member attrition, and grow other income via donation, sponsorship, and strategic partnerships.
The M&C Manager will contribute to the strategy and ongoing promotional work of the organization and will manage all traditional media, website & branding, social media & grassroots marketing, strategic partnerships, market research and evaluation and analysis of various databases.
The ideal candidate must be comfortable in public facing situations interacting with prospective members, donors, partners, and musicians, they’ll have an entrepreneurial spirit and are passionate about music and supporting the health of the Seattle area music community.
- Create campaigns utilizing a full range of marketing communications tactics to build public awareness, increase membership growth, minimize member attrition, and maximize marketing spend
- Maintain and develop strong relationships with members and actively work to identify and acquire new members that supports Sonic Guild’s annual goals
- Professional interaction and assistance with members (via phone, computer and face-to-face)
- Conduct timely post-acquisition campaign assessment reports for quality control
- Work with Executive Director to establish annual projections for membership acquisition and fundraising goals
- Manage & oversee outside marketing contractors as necessary, including but not limited to: social media managers, website developers, graphic designers, street team managers, media partners, traditional media sales reps (print, radio, outdoor), local business & organization partners, on-site photo & video teams, sponsors and more to fulfill the promise of membership acquisition campaigns
- Assist in management of social media initiatives & use social media properties as tools to communicate important messages/announcements, encourage word of mouth, build brand awareness via unique fan oriented & creative campaigns, and implement contests & special promotions/campaigns which propel prospective member interest, speak to the organization’s brand positioning, and serve to grow the
organization’s online following & various databases
- Develop & maintain social media schedule, write post copy, and evaluate effectiveness of posts
- Present monthly, quarterly, and annual reports on social media status and impact
Digital & Branding
- Oversee and maintain the content of the Organization’s website via WordPress interface with assistance from Organization webmaster
- Communicate graphics needs to Organization designer(s) and ensure deadlines are met
- Oversee all copywriting, design, and production of Organization brochure, flyers, posters, and promotional materials
- Manage all other online forms of audience engagement including developing a schedule for, producing, & distributing the Organization’s e-newsletter for both:
- Member-direct communication
- Prospective member communication
- Determine & lead promotional campaigns which serve to increase traffic to Organization website, grow the Organization customer database, increase membership inquiries and conversions, and expand awareness for both the organization & its partners and artists
- Develop strategic plan and execute Organization media buys including radio spots, print ads, and outdoor advertising
Fundraising & Partnerships
- Assist in identification and outreach for new fundraising, promotional partnership & PR opportunities
- Develop & maintain partnership agreements (for traditional & digital media outlets, blogs, local businesses, and organizations, & more)
- Nurture connections with current and potential media partners
- Ensure all sponsorship and donor marketing obligations are being met
- Work with Executive Director to create donor engagement initiatives
Budget Management & Reporting
- Work within & control the Organization marketing budget to achieve maximum cost effectiveness in all areas, and determine appropriate use of both timing & potential re-allocation of planned spends
- Report & file all marketing expenses
- Consult with and report to the CMO on strategic & relevant marketing matters, preparing specific announcement/campaign overviews and attending core meetings & strategic planning sessions as required
- Bachelor’s Degree (or at least four (4) years’ work experience equivalent) focusing on marketing, member management, fundraising or sales.
- Ability to work with a diverse set of internal and external stakeholders to cultivate and manage relationships
- Strong project management skills with excellent attention to detail
- Have experience planning or working outreach events and gatherings
- Be capable of multi-tasking and effectively managing shifting priorities
- Dedicated to shared and measurable goals with a focus on making an impact
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office/Google Office software (Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.)
- Highly proficient with computers and databases
- Excellent communication skills – written, verbal and presentation
- Ability to quickly adapt and adjust projects to new expectations and company directives
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications including Word, PowerPoint, and Excel; CRM Software
- SEO and Google analytics experience/knowledge
- Strong passion for music, including knowledge of current/relevant artists and industry trends
- Sonic Guild is a start-up environment and may require other additional duties or responsibilities based on workflow, new opportunities, partnerships, or sponsorships. Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Sonic Guild employees must adhere to all company policies and act as role models in adherence to such policies.
- Sonic Guild is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color, Members of the LGBTQIA2S+ community and other groups historically underrepresented in our industry, are strongly encouraged to apply
- Long periods of being in a stationary position; operating a computer and other office equipment; frequently moving to/from various work areas locations; occasionally ascending/descending stairs; frequently communicating by phone and email; frequently remaining in a stationary position during meetings, discerning meeting content, expressing oneself, and exchange accurate information; frequently moving to/from off-site meeting and/or event locations; occasionally moves supplies and equipment weighing up to 25 pounds.
- Primary location is remote, with frequent meetings and event attendance at various off-site locations in the Seattle area.
- The position reports to the Executive Director. Supervision Exercised: Currently supervises no paid positions but may supervise interns and volunteers as appropriate.
Starting Salary Range
- Salary is determined by experience within the range of $65,000-$79,000, with the salary mid-point at $72,000.
- Stipend for benefits, generous PTO
How To Apply
- Please send resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please Put “Marketing and Communications Manager” in the subject line.